Reports On Lakes, Rivers and Streams > Joe Pool Lake

July 1, 2016 Report

(1/1)

ezgoing:
Joe Pool Marina is slowly getting their act together.   They are finally getting the wiring done to have electricity at the docks again.  Manager was shooting to have it in by this weekend but I don't think he made it.  I suspect it will be sometime next week but even that will be great.

He told me Wednesday he hopes to open the marina again by Mid-July.   Don't know if that will happen but it does look as if it is finally starting to come together there.

The lake is down to 1' flood stage so the ramp is usable again at Joe Pool Marina. 

My wife and I were able to fish our slip at Joe Pool Marina Wednesday morning for a couple of hours.   We caught a lot of fish but everything was small.   We caught crappie, black bass and catfish during the two hours we were there.   My wife went through 2 dozen minnows in those two hours so they were hungry. 

As usual, she caught more than I did and laughted at me for sticking with jigs.  :)

Lynn Creek Marina is slow right now from what some of the slip holders are telling me.  They are not even catching many dinks there right now.

Bush Hog:
Glad to hear you and wife have a place to fish again that's out of the hot sun. :Thumbsup

ezgoing:
Better than that.   I have a 14000 BTU portable air conditioner that will blow a lot of cold air into the slip area.   It won't make it as nice as home but it will make it cooler to go with that shade.  :)

They just need to get the electricity turned back on and get a safe ramp from the parking lot to the dock walkway and we will be back in action again.  :)

SK:
I can only imagine the frustration the people that run that Marina has had with the huge level fluctuations but on the other hand it don't seem like they even have a clue of how to improve & adapt to the conditions......
Sound like you already got your plans together to beat this heat, I'll say this that heat drains ya to the max......I'm beat from this morning & yestdy...but are those fresh fillets gonna be tasty....
:Eating :BananaDance

ezgoing:

--- Quote from: SK on July 02, 2016, 05:50:18 PM ---I can only imagine the frustration the people that run that Marina has had with the huge level fluctuations but on the other hand it don't seem like they even have a clue of how to improve & adapt to the conditions......
Sound like you already got your plans together to beat this heat, I'll say this that heat drains ya to the max......I'm beat from this morning & yestdy...but are those fresh fillets gonna be tasty....
 :Eating :BananaDance

--- End quote ---

The problem is he owns three other marinas that are larger and earn him more money.  For years he has drained the money from the Joe Pool Marina to improve the other three marinas.  The storms last year damaged two of his other marinas and all his effort and money has been spent on them and not this marina.

He was warned before the large flood last year that he needed to extend the support pillars that held the docks in place but he ignored it.   That decision has cost him a lot of money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version