Author Topic: Hit it in a boat .............  (Read 748 times)

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
Hit it in a boat .............
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:53 AM »
slammed the fire out of them ... small fish festival ....but the number was ridiculous high .... around 200 plus in 4 hours pretty easy...
water was rather muddy and filled with baitfish .....never seen that much bait i dont think ....we hit the south end of the lake on a north wind ....the fish were feeding hard .....didnt find any big fish ........wanted shad colors in jigs and didnt really want much else .....heard tell the big ones done ran up the river on the north end ....might be so .....
some of the fish were 6 foot deep in 20 plus feet of water ....some were 10 to 12 in 15 to 20 foot of water ...some were busting shad on the surface .....pretty fun to play with for sure ......if you need a tune up on your ketchn this is the spot .....3 stops out of 6 held large numbers of fish.... :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Hit it in a boat .............
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »
Those waters look like the waters in my lake down home....
Dink fest are four sure fun when it's aahh back to back hook set'n..... :fish
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
Looks like a fun filled trip.   :clap

They were hitting fairly strong at Joe Pool Sunday but not as good as that.

And I agree with SK, numbers are fun to catch.  I don't care about size much as I normally only want four or five to take home to eat out of a trip.

But even if the fish aren't bitting a day on the water is hard to beat for fun. 

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:35:37 AM »
Those waters look like the waters in my lake down home....
Dink fest are four sure fun when it's aahh back to back hook set'n..... :fish
That was the "clean" water area .....there was mud line right down the middle of that lil lake that was extra muddy ......lol
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 09:45:26 AM »
cool little lake but I bet it is really muddy

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:03:29 PM »
I've always enjoyed my times on that lake.  My catching has been real 'sparse' on it, but I do enjoy it.

Yep, it tends to be somewhat muddy waters every time I've been there (does anyone see a cause and effect on why I have few catches there with the muddy waters?).  😆

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 06:56:57 AM »
It seems to get muddied up easily to me .....but it sure enough has loads a crappie in it . Use a crappie nibble if you go there and a bait with flash in it that imitates a shad
KABOOM

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 08:06:14 PM »
Thanks  #ketchn, 
I'll try that next time I'm there.  I've not use the flash baits there.  Starting to use the nibbles more now (I use to think they was 'snake oil').

Register