Author Topic: Luck finally ran out  (Read 262 times)

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Luck finally ran out
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:04:43 PM »
Fished our third consecutive Creekside/Nautical Mile tournament yesterday.  The past two tournaments we got lucky and had a few outstanding brush piles put out several big fish allowing us to win but there was no such luck yesterday.  We caught a bunch of fish (probably 75+ keepers) but only one biggun.  We finished with 8.6# which was only good enough for 4th place and two teams posted over 11# stringers.  Our one big fish was good enough to tie for big fish pot though.  Caught our fish on a variety of color, size and profile jigs as we kept trying different things especially after the bite got tougher after the front came thru.  Still fishing same pattern as last few months, brush and submerged timber in 12-20 fow.  One more tournament left, hopefully we get some luck back for that one.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Luck finally ran out
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »
Still a great mess of fish..
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 05:20:31 PM »
Wow those were some good weights..
WTG PA.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 05:40:02 PM »
 :IAgree

Too bad your weight wasn't better but 75 keepers show you have that lake's number.   :clap

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »
Thanks guys. It was a good day on the water no doubt.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 07:16:37 AM »
Never been one to worry about the size of them myself ......but I don't do tournaments .....one thing for certain a box a nice fish makes me smile and that's a nice box of fish  :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM