Author Topic: Where to fish?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Where to fish?
« on: August 04, 2016, 09:57:43 PM »
Got the trailer set up at Palestine Resort and got on the water about 4pm.  Didn't really know where to start looking so I hit the little bridge just out from the marina.  Broke out a brand new Bonehead rod (that my wife don't know about) flipped a jig out there and Thump on the first cast.  After dinner I went back out and decided to try the timber in front of the marina.  There were fish on almost every stump I jigged.  This could spoil a fellow.  Caught a few keepers but most fish were in the 9 inch class.  Lots of fun though.  Going to do a little prospecting tomorrow for some brush piles.  Later. :fish

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Where to fish?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 04:21:37 AM »
Its a pretty good lake.  Will be out there today until the heat gets too bad.  What kind of boat do you run?

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 05:26:14 AM »
Palestine is a great lake... How do ya think Vern does so good... ;D :bolt
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 06:06:06 AM »
Its a pretty good lake.  Will be out there today until the heat gets too bad.  What kind of boat do you run?
I'm in a blue/silver Phoenix.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 09:22:25 AM »
Sound like you're set for a great time.....
Good Luck & be safe out yonder.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jerry T

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 09:29:50 AM »
Palestine is a great lake... How do ya think Vern does so good... ;D :bolt

:ROFLMAO

Pepop has 'em trained on Palestine.... I'm telling ya...

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:59:59 AM »
Is this a permanent set up or a vacation type thing?

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »
Is this a permanent set up or a vacation type thing?
Nope, just wanted to get away from the farm for a few days.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:48 PM »
Just reading this but dont think we saw you out there today.  Was in a 22' white CC blue wave.  Had a first this morning.  Gassed my my boat to the top with 30 gallons of gas Wednesday afternoon but this morning when I got to my boat slip the gas tank lid was off and someone was nice enough to drain me down to next to nothing.  Set the tone for the whole day.  Bite was tough for us and the heat was brutal.  Hope you had a better day than we did

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 08:39:46 PM »
Man that sucks, hopefully that 1st will be your last...
But at least you noticed it before you ran way out & you also got to STH on a few....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 09:50:03 PM »
Just reading this but dont think we saw you out there today.  Was in a 22' white CC blue wave.  Had a first this morning.  Gassed my my boat to the top with 30 gallons of gas Wednesday afternoon but this morning when I got to my boat slip the gas tank lid was off and someone was nice enough to drain me down to next to nothing.  Set the tone for the whole day.  Bite was tough for us and the heat was brutal.  Hope you had a better day than we did
Sorry to hear that.  I hate a thief.  It was a bit slow for me too but I did boat some nice fish.  I tried the bridges but all I could catch were dinks.  I came back to the timber around 10 am and caught several fish. About the time I was really getting into them the wife called and says we are supposed to meet some friends for lunch.  That was almost noon and it was getting hot fast....couldn't touch anything in the boat.  I'm catching best on any jig that flashes like a minnow or shad.  Thermocline Lil Shad (silver flash I think) is working well on a 1/16 jig head.  I lost a whale this evening while trying to lip her....I've got to start using my net.  I'll probably head back out to the timber in the morning.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 05:44:42 AM »
We caught some on the thermocline lil fry in pearl ice but our best bait yesterday was was pearltruse slab bandit.  There was lots of bait on the graph everywhere we fished and saw shad getting busted on top at several spots. 

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »
I agree about hating a thief.  Somebody is stealing the gas from my pontoon at the Lynn Creek Marina.  My slip is near the launch ramp so I suspect it is somebody that launches from there. 

They are taking the gas 5 gallon at a time, once-twice a month.  I've complained to management there and have been told they will tell security to watch the area.  But they only have security there on Friday and Saturday nights so of course they haven't caught anybody stealing it yet.

I will be glad when Joe Pool Marina is open again.  I never had any gas stolen there but they had a guard there every night.  Plus a few of the slip holders lived on their boats so thieves were more likely to be caught.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 09:36:23 PM »
The morning started out real slow.  Caught mostly dinks.  Hit the 155 bridge for a little bit but once again slow and too noisy.  Hit the trees again a little before noon and caught some nice fish....not a lot but some good 13 and 14 inch slabs.  Got off the water at 2 pm before I burst into flames.  Caught a few on pearltruse slab bandits but the big ones liked the Garland Shad in blue ice.  Headed home in the morning

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
Very Nicely done!   I'm fishing that tournament this coming weekend and I will gladly take some 14" slabs.  Big fish have been hard to come by for me lately.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 06:54:53 PM »
Here are a couple nice fish I caught yesterday.  Boated quite a few fish over the last couple days and released them (freezer's full).  DW told me some places to look for brush piles so now I have to go back real soon.  :LOL

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
Nice'uns for sure....Sound like you've got a good problem to have with that full freezer....

Offline jmwindham

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »
Very nice looking crappie. I have never fished Palestine but it looks like I might have to take a trip.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
Well done BH.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 09:15:09 PM »
Very nice looking crappie. I have never fished Palestine but it looks like I might have to take a trip.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
I'm new to Palestine also but I plan on returning soon I hope.

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 11:57:57 PM »
"LOCKING GAS CAP!"
Got the trailer set up at Palestine Resort and got on the water about 4pm.  Didn't really know where to start looking so I hit the little bridge just out from the marina.  Broke out a brand new Bonehead rod (that my wife don't know about) flipped a jig out there and Thump on the first cast.  After dinner I went back out and decided to try the timber in front of the marina.  There were fish on almost every stump I jigged.  This could spoil a fellow.  Caught a few keepers but most fish were in the 9 inch class.  Lots of fun though.  Going to do a little prospecting tomorrow for some brush piles.  Later. :fish

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Register