Author Topic: The last place you look  (Read 283 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
The last place you look
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:03:36 PM »
Got set up in the state park for a few days and thought I would try them this evening.  Caught several ditch pickles but couldn't find the thump.  About 6:30 I decided to try one more spot before dark and when I scanned the brush pile that screen lit up like a box of roman candles.  It was snatch and jerk there for about 30 minutes and then somebody must have hollered bed time because they quit.  Toss the jig out about 10 or 12 feet...let it swing back to you and when it got to the end of the swing be ready cause it's gonna get thumped. Wasn't keeping any fish today so I didn't keep count....just had fun.  Using a 1/16 green jig head and Garland Blue Ice shad.  Caught a couple on hand ties but the plastics really had better results today.  Fish were in 18 fow and as I mentioned the bite was at about 10 ft.
I'll try them again in the morning bright and early. :fish

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: The last place you look
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:11:31 AM »
Nice job and great report!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »
That's for sure what keeps us goin back......
If it was easy it would be peezy.....Hehehehahahahaaaaaa
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »
Got off to a late start this morning.  Had to wait for my nephew to go buy his fishing license.  Found the fish where I left them last night but they weren't near as aggressive.  Waded through a bunch of nursery fish and managed to find 8 keepers before our bellies started growling for lunch.  Slab Bandit in Texas Toast was on the breakfast menu this morning.  Going to take the nephew's wife out this evening to see if we can find a few more specs.   :fish

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 01:21:58 PM »
Really a slow bite on this ol hot water lake.  Picked up another 5 fish just before dark thirty and then got up this morning for another 10 count.  Only way I can get a bite now is to dead stick it.  Still catching over brush in 18 fow about 10 to 12 ft. down.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »
Sound like a great time to me...... :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 08:28:23 PM »
It's been a good time but I'm ready to sleep in my bed at the house.  The nephew is starting to get the hang of jig fishing and I'm sending them some with a good mess of filets.   I don't think I could be a guide.....I'm pooped.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:39:14 PM »
As much as I say I'm gonna guide when I retire it is a lot of work....
Maybe squeeze two trips a week but that's it....