Author Topic: Beautiful fall day  (Read 212 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Beautiful fall day
« on: October 27, 2016, 08:19:21 PM »
for fishing.  Had to twist her arm a bit but Murvaul gave up another limit yesterday (plus one whisker fish).  Was about to call it a day at 23 and decided to try one last boat house.  They were stacked under there like cord wood.  The fish are really looking fat.  Love this fall bite.  Same bait as the last few outings....Garland baby shad in blue ice on a pink jig head.  I catch a lot of fish on the Bobby Garland baits but they sure do tear up easy.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Beautiful fall day
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:40:26 AM »
BH, there are two guys on the other forum that pour jig heads that make a screw lock jig head that work absolutely amazing on the really soft plastics (or any plastic for that matter). You really have to see it to believe it.  Have had several thermocline little fries that I put well over 100 fish on and were still going strong when they broke off.  So many advantages to them.  No super glue.  Bait never gets pulled down or sideways.  Can catch WAY more fish on a single plastic.  Eventually they will tear away from the shank of the hook but still will be firmly attached to the screw, but it seems like they catch fish even faster at that point.  If you would like I can send you a few to try.  After I saw how good they worked I went ahead and put in more or less of a life time order for every size I use.  Here is a pic of a slab bandit that had well in to triple digit fish on it.

Oh yea, outstanding job as usual!

Here is a pearl ice little fry that absolutely destroyed the summer time fish.  Same thing with well over 100 fish on it

And last but not least, this black emeral shiner little fry probably had 250 fish (albeit many unders) on it before a big hybrid broke it off.  Post spawn the fish were stacked under our dock lights and could just drop this down and pull out a fish non stop in the early hours before work. Got real good at lightly bouncing them off the dock to where to would just fall off and nudge them back in the water

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:47:14 AM by palestineag »

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
Thanks, if you will send me a pm with their names I will see about ordering some of those.  I really like my hand ties but in brush I use plastics just because I get hung all the time.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 05:34:07 PM »
try this

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:54 PM »
Good job BH, you wacked some gooderns....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....