Author Topic: 5-2-15  (Read 628 times)

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
5-2-15
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:51:07 AM »
I went out yesterday for a couple of hours.  Water came up about a foot since last week when I was out.  I fished out of the kayak around promontory point, high point areas and caught fish off brush piles in 8-10 foot of water.  Black and yellow jig is my favorite and it was what I caught with yesterday.  No pics, still new to the kayak and don't want to loose a camera or phone.
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: 5-2-15
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »
sounds like a good trip to me
may have to come down there soon and give it a try  :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »
Nuttin wrong with no pichers... How you likin your yak?
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
I like fishing out of the kayak.  I can't anchor up solid over top of a brush pile, or hit several locations real quick, so I'm having to adjust how I fish a bit.  I haven't ever been in a kayak until I bought this one a month ago and I was really surprised at how stable it is.  Also it's just a 12 footer, but I can get it moving pretty good and it tracks pretty good as well.  All things considered I do prefer my little Ranger boat, but the kayak will do for sure until they open the boat ramps back up.  Now I did take the yak to a stock tank the other day and that was a blast. 

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 05:11:44 AM »
Lake has come up 2 1/2' in the last 10 days.  Raining hard right now and forecasted to continue most of the day.  Maybe we can keep the water this time and get the boat ramps back open.

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 07:33:37 AM »
Lake has come up 2 1/2' in the last 10 days.  Raining hard right now and forecasted to continue most of the day.  Maybe we can keep the water this time and get the boat ramps back open.

:BananaDance   :clap :clap :clap

Register