Author Topic: Hey Fellers  (Read 603 times)

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
Hey Fellers
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:33:49 AM »
For the first time since my eye surgery, I got to go fishing. They stocked trout over at Meridian and my Wife, Mom and I drove over to try our luck. They put 2009 trout in. Guess how many trout I got? A big fat 0! My wife did though. She got 1.

Now that being said, I didn't get skunked. I tore the sunfish up! They were hitting me like crazy. I'm having a hard time fishing because I have always fished straight down and watched my line. I can't see the line move anymore. Luckily, I was able to feel some of them hit, but I lost some too due to not being able to set the hook quick enough.

I cann't tell you guys how much fun it was being on the dock talking with other fishermen. It's been so long! Lots of fishermen and fisher women were there. It was my first time to try my hand at stocked trout. I had my Zebco 38 that's about 25 years old, a can of corn and a pack of #6 hooks. What a great time it was! I've never fished with corn before, but I was told it's good trout bait. Maybe, Maybe not, but the sunfishes loved it!!!

Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Hey Fellers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 05:06:42 AM »
Great to hear you got out there!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:59:10 AM »
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Otisone

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »
Fantastic!!!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »
WTG!  Not to worry, my wife, when she does go, usually out fishes me.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:05:47 PM by Outlawelectric »
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »
Fantastic to get back out!
No worries; I'm sure that you'll be catching the numbers again real soon

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
My wife has a similar problem.  Her hand shakes so much that she has trouble setting the hook now unless the fish swallows the bait.  I have bought some of these to see if they will help with the problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Kesco-Products-Quickset-catfishing-setter/dp/B00IA6EUZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484955855&sr=8-1&keywords=hook+setter

Unfortunately she hasn't been able to fish since I bought them so I don't know how well they will work yet.

But just being out there fishing is what counts.  Catching is just a bonus.

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 08:39:43 PM »

But just being out there fishing is what counts.  Catching is just a bonus.
[/quote]

Amen brother!

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 10:56:50 PM »
We went again today. I sure was hoping to catch some trout, but sunfish was hitting so that's what we caught. Mom even got her a nice one.

I've been teasing the wife tonight cause she got skunked. She usually always puts me to shame.

They were real slow today. Along about sundown they started to bite, but it was a long way home, plus we were hungry so we left. Maybe try again tomorrow
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
Hey buddy couple guys at THF bean wonderin aboutcha...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
Yeah, I need to check in over there. I don't get on the ole interweb as much as I used to.

Thanks for the heads up
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 06:56:44 AM »
Love that lil lake ......in about 2 months them crappie will be fun up close to the bank .....glad you got to go there and have fun .....sometimes that dock is a good spot to ketch fish for sure .....and them coppernose blue gill get pretty big in there as well .....
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM