Author Topic: Docks are working again  (Read 126 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Docks are working again
« on: April 06, 2018, 05:14:29 PM »
We hit the boat docks yesterday and the slabs are starting to find their way back home.  We put 23 in the cooler before calling it a day and heading to the café for lunch.  To me, the jury is still out on whether color makes a big difference but I will say that yesterday it certainly seemed like it did.  Blue/chartreuse was the ticket.  Found some up in the shallows also....luv watching that cork go under.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Docks are working again
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 10:14:02 PM »
 :Thumbsup :Thumbsup
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 09:57:00 AM »
:Thumbsup :Thumbsup

WTG!    :clap :clap :clap

It is odd the difference in location makes.   Yesterday was extremely slow at Joe Pool Lake, both the marina docks and out on the lake.   The regulars that fish the marina docks all stated that fishing had been slow the last few days and that they were not catching many yesterday.  About 10% of what they caught made the 10 inch cut off to keep, most were 6-8 inches.

I know I only caught a few dinks myself.

As to color, the orange/lime green combo caught almost all I have caught over the last two weeks.  a green/blue jig has caught the rest.  I thought it was one of Pepop's jigs but I can't find a picture of it on his site so I might be wrong.  It was a good summer time number but the orange/lime green from Steve has been the crappie's jig of choice the last few weeks.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
Nice..... Very Nice...
Color don't matter until it matters and it matters more than not....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Register