Author Topic: My toy is here!  (Read 52 times)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
My toy is here!
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:46:11 PM »
The finder portion of my Garmin Live Scope System arrived at noon today.  I immediately installed it in a small plastic tool case from Homer's.  Since I already had the transducer part of the system installed on a mobile pole made from pvc pipe I am ready to test it out. 

I've watched so many videos on YouTube about it that I can't wait to test it out!

But once again, wait I must.  I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and must attend a school play that my grandson is in Thursday night.  So I doubt I will have any time to test it on Tuesday. (He's not too happy about the play.  He told the teacher he did not want to be in it as he did not want to be on the stage.  She asked him if he would be a stagehand for the play and he agreed, thinking he would just be moving things around during the play.. On the first day of the practice the teacher told the stagehands they would be extras in all of the scenes.  So he has to be on the stage more that he would have, had he accepted a part in the play.  He says the teacher tricked him and he is very unhappy with that teacher.  So of course I must be there to see him on the stage.  >:D )

I have other doctor's appointments on Thursday morning and Friday afternoon.  So those two days will probably end up shot as well.

So my only chance to test it will be Wednesday unless something happens to prevent it.  And the way my luck has been running in regards to fishing this month I am fearful something will come up that prevents me from  fishing Wednesday.   :(

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: My toy is here!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 07:04:10 AM »
Lookin forward to seeing how it works out for you...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 08:01:39 AM »
Did you get to try it out yesterday?
To whom much is given, much is required.

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 02:31:07 PM »
Did you get out in the cold to try it out?

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 09:34:20 AM »
Sadly I have not.  Came down with a pesky cough and fever that has kept me home and in the bed the last three days.

All I need to do is hook up the power supply to check it out but just haven't felt like doing even that.

I have another doctor appointment this morning, am going to try to go to the lake after the appointment and at least power it up and see how it looks.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »
I so wanted to play pac man crappie ketchn yesterday ..live video crappie are likely way easier to ketchn than actually trying to ketch them the old school way
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 03:50:21 PM »
I so wanted to play pac man crappie ketchn yesterday ..live video crappie are likely way easier to ketchn than actually trying to ketch them the old school way

So do I.  I will have it operational by Wednesday afternoon, as cold as the next two days are going to be.  Thursday looks nice, weather wise, but I am going out of town next Thursday for a few days.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 04:23:51 PM »
Pac Man Crappie....love it :ROFLMAO

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
Pac Man Crappie....love it :ROFLMAO

From the videos I've watched you receive a clearer view of the structure and it is easier to determine that what you see are actual fish. I suspect the 2nd generation Helix or the Solix would do the same.  Since my HB is a 999 I can't say for sure.

But a clear view of structure or fish doesn't make them bite.  I just finished watching a video made at Lake of Egypt yesterday where he had large schools of crappie swimming in the areas ahead of him. He was spider rigging using 4 rods, with 2 jigs or hooks on each rod.  He was using a combination of minnows and jigs on the rods.

You could watch his jigs pass through and above the schools of crappie but only one at most would bite out o each off these schools.

So it could easily become frustrating, watching all those crappie swim by or up to your jig and then swim away, ignoring what you were offering them.  It is one thing for them to ignore what you are offering but to swim up, look at it and then swim away is like them sticking their tongues out at you as they ignore your jig.   :ROFLMAO

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:07:19 AM by Ed »

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 07:04:37 AM »
Happened to me again Saturday.  I graphed some fish on a tree, dropped a jig down and BAM, a nice black.  I thought, "Oh boy, here we go".  Fifteen minutes later I'm still trying to get another bite but they don't want a boat ride. :TskTsk

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 05:26:44 PM »
I get humbled enough without watchin it... :ROFLMAO

But more than likely, I'll have lowrances version in a year or two... :BrickWall
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Register