Author Topic: Status Report Fishing Joe Pool Lake  (Read 927 times)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
Status Report Fishing Joe Pool Lake
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:03:10 AM »
In another forum JP Guide Service reported:

Havent posted a report in awhile so here goes. The summer patter was consistent for the past few months with fish holding on brush piles and jigs were good. The past two weeks I have seen a change. The fish are fat and starting to stack up. It isn't a full blown fall pattern yet but give it a week or two and the fish will be stacked up. Still pulling plenty of keepers with about a quarter of them throwbacks. Most structure is producing right now and it is still a spot jumping game until they get thick in certain areas. I have not bought minnows since last September, although a couple days I wish I had but jigs have been so good no need to waste time with digging in the well and rebaiting. I did take the small boat into the creek Sunday on a scouting run and my son and I pulled 17 fish but only three were keepers. Water was still a little stained due to the storms last Thursday. So im sure it will be better in the upcoming days. The only area that is slow for me is fishing the standing timber. For some reason it hasnt produced this year like previous years. I dont want to say don't waste your in the timber because there are fish to be caught in the there but for me its better elsewhere. Main lake structure is where to be for good keepers and darker colored plastics is what is working now. Hand tieds haven't started producing yet like they did last fall so its plastics on jigs head's for now.

You can book a trip with him at

https://m.facebook.com/Joepoolguideservice
Joe Pool lake guide service trips for crappie/whitebass fishing.
(817)-819-0465.
JPguideservic@ gmail.com

Offline CrappieHunter

• Crappie Keeper
Re: Status Report Fishing Joe Pool Lake
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »
I fish here and have mixed results.  I usually catch a lot of crappie but don't always catch a limit of keepers.  Which doesn't matter since I fish several times a week.

Offline crappieman

• Crappie Keeper
Re: Status Report Fishing Joe Pool Lake
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »
Good report.  Thanks.

Register