General Chit Chat, Fishing Related > General Conversation Among Friends

Fished my slips this afternoon

(1/2) > >>

Ed:
I arrived at 1:00 P.M, left at 8:00 P.M.  Didn't spend all the time fishing as there were several slip holders there who I had not seen in three months or more.  So I spent a good part of the time socializing instead of fishing.  It's hard to tell a friend he can't fish your slip.   :ROFLMAO

Fishing today was nothing like the fishing Wednesday afternoon/night.  I caught 10 crappie, all keepers, but small keepers between 10" and 11".   Caught all of them off my two slips, didn't catch anything off the other slips that normally produce nice numbers of crappie.  As usual they stopped biting just before dusk.  However I could not find where they moved.  I spent 30 minutes fishing the rocks without a single bite or even a bump to the jig.

Everybody I talked with had the same story, slow bite with small size, nothing back on the rocks.

And of course I was told by several that most of the regulars had caught their limits by 9:00 A.M and had left for the day.  And I am quite sure that if I get out there by daylight in the morning that will be the one day when the crappie are not biting and will be told I should have been there yesterday morning. >:D

Jig Man:
 :fish

Bush Hog:
It's always good to visit with old friends too, especially when gathered around a fishing hole.

ACAMS:
10 fish is just right .... a good mess, but easy to clean!

Ed:

--- Quote from: ACAMS on March 18, 2019, 03:28:30 PM ---10 fish is just right .... a good mess, but easy to clean!

--- End quote ---

I didn't want to clean them, that is why I gave them away.  Ezgoing is just another way of saying lazy.   :ROFLMAO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version