Author Topic: i am a failure  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
i am a failure
« on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:01 AM »
at powder painting for darn sure ........
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

ACAMS

Re: i am a failure
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
Do you use a fluid bed, heat gun and long handle hemostats?

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:36:21 AM »
um...............no ....... :BrickWall
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:54 AM »
Its all about heat control. You can use a lot of equipment, or just fluff and stuff with a cigarette lighter doesn't matter. Go to you tube! But I feel curing the end result is a must!

>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline plateboater

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
TJ tackle for fluid beds....then to pet store for a bigger pump!!

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »
I best stick to cheap  nail polish  :LOL
KABOOM

Offline Kdog

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:21:55 AM »
I started with an air brush, you can do amazing things with them but very time consuming. Tried nail polish and yes, great color choices but gets expensive in a hurry and I cannot stand the smell. So tried powdercoating and am addicated. Some clear and 4-5 colors of paint, some glitter a few little brushes, a heat gun, some forceps or needle nose pliers and you can do some amazing things.

Failure is just a learning experience. Be patient, ask questions and I'll bet folks on this list, I recognize several names from other forums, will get you on the right track.

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
I started with an air brush, you can do amazing things with them but very time consuming. Tried nail polish and yes, great color choices but gets expensive in a hurry and I cannot stand the smell. So tried powdercoating and am addicated. Some clear and 4-5 colors of paint, some glitter a few little brushes, a heat gun, some forceps or needle nose pliers and you can do some amazing things.

Failure is just a learning experience. Be patient, ask questions and I'll bet folks on this list, I recognize several names from other forums, will get you on the right track.

Getting Ketchn on the RIGHT TRACK may be a stretch bud!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 11:27:17 AM »
Getting Ketchn on the RIGHT TRACK may be a stretch bud!

Theres bean more than one try to straighten him out... :ROFLMAO
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Kdog

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
I believe in new things and encourage anyone to try and try again. So, y'all are saying Ketchun cannot be helped. I do not believe it for a minute

Offline Radtexan

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »
He's all yours if you can learn him then. I sent him some colors to practice, he won't tell me ifn he got a decent one yet ????

Only Death will end my Love affair with Texas....

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:01 PM »
He's too busy Ketchn so I don't think his addiction allows the proper time to make jigs.
 :bolt

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:37 AM »
^^^THIS^^^
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline jasoniam

• Crappie Keeper
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
Definately takes practice!!! One thing I don't use is a fluid bed! My design SUCKED!!! maybe it was the pump with airflow but I don't think thaty was my problem! My cups wouldn't set all the way down and when they went far enough in the vase it would get stuck and can barely get the cup out!! Who want to make me one with two cups!!..lol

Offline Dutch

• Crappie Keeper
  • Spiderman
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
I powder coat pretty good, and I don't use a fluid bed.  Just take the bottles the powder comes in, turn upside down to loosen the powder (it packs when sitting). Then take a jig, hold it with pliers, tweezers, or a hemostat, and heat it over a candle, above the flame to keep the soot off. When hot (10-15 seconds) dip it into the powder jar quickly with a stirring motion. When you pull it out, quickly tap the jig head sideways on the edge of the powder jar (removes excess paint from the eye) and then re-heat it over the candle until it is shiney. Done. About every 5 jigs, turn the jar upside down again to fluff the powder.
I woke up this morning.  At my age, that is a GOOD thing!