Author Topic: LOW COST "HELP" SERVICE ? ? ? ?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
LOW COST "HELP" SERVICE ? ? ? ?
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:39:38 AM »
we been tossing around this idea for quite some time . a trip to go ketch fish with some folks that kan ketch fish .
strictly a "HELP" service ....we aint cleaning fish .....we aint catering to anyone ......we aint trying to make money at it
a mentoring and tutorial program for those that are not tuned into crappie ketchn .
we think if you cover the actual costs for a boat ride ......
we may consider taking folks out to learn and enjoy ketchn crappie
it may come to be a thing we do in the near future
I still need to check with the TPW and find out if its ok to do this without a "guide" license
WE ARE NOT GUIDES .....we just love to ketch fish
and would like to help others enjoy it as well
KABOOM 
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline jpenwell

• Crappie Dink
Re: LOW COST "HELP" SERVICE ? ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »
 :)) CV (SlabMeSilly jigs) did that for me Sunday at Lake Arlington.
My theory is "GO FOR IT". Never seen a hearst with a trailer hitch.

Offline etu koka

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »
I don't think you need a license. I'd definitely throw lunch in as well:)

Offline chucktx

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 09:41:42 PM »
great idea.!!!

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:04:24 PM »
Feel free to come down to San Antonio anytime if you pursue this idea :D

Ronnie

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:57:16 AM »
as an individual,i know this would be something i'd be interested in.i don't have a lot of fishing time other than going with a guide here and there or i get to fill an open back seat.so when and if time allowed me to go on my own,it would be nice to have the knowledge and know how from others here on the TCF to at least be able to go and catch a few.Learning the things simple to others,such as running the trolling motor to stay ona brushpile or other structure and/or reading your graph.i'm sure we can all learn something from each other to make us better fisherman and women.Let's make it happen!

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »
as an individual,i know this would be something i'd be interested in.i don't have a lot of fishing time other than going with a guide here and there or i get to fill an open back seat.so when and if time allowed me to go on my own,it would be nice to have the knowledge and know how from others here on the TCF to at least be able to go and catch a few.Learning the things simple to others,such as running the trolling motor to stay ona brushpile or other structure and/or reading your graph.i'm sure we can all learn something from each other to make us better fisherman and women.Let's make it happen!

I approved your post as a guest but don't understand why you don't join as a member and take full part in the forum.  The price to join is certainly right.  LOL

Offline onestumptomany

• Guppy
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 08:30:29 AM »
As a very amateur crappie catcher,  I would be interested in procuring some low cost "help".     :helpsign
At my age I can use all the help I can get......

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
I will discuss it further with my bud who has interest in this venue as well
it may be something fun to do ...as far as running the trolling motor you wont gain much from us on that
we don't like trolling motors much and use them very little
and then the graph thing ....we don't use them much either
we have locations we fish that in many cases don't require a graph and or need to be studied closely
and in some cases have spots we like marked for future reference via whatever gps function
our "help" service would be more like just getting folks out to ketch crappie
and showing those folks what we do to make it so
and we both fish somewhat differently so you would get a taste of 2 different types of fishin  :Thumbsup

some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 09:00:35 PM »
I'd be willing to help some out with there HB lectronics, I'm no genus  but can adjust them to show decently as long as there is sufficient power to the unit & the ducer is installed somewhat properly.... Thing is though we would have to do some scanning to find something to scan since Iím not familiar with  the local lakes here....would be fun though....
Troll motor help? Well I use mine & as long as you position your pile marker properly stayn on a pile is easy long as the wind isn't 9 thousand miles aaahhh minute.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

ACAMS

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 09:56:16 PM »
I will discuss it further with my bud who has interest in this venue as well

I could use some low cost help too .... I want to take a picture of that deer kinda like you did, but my camera is very loud and scares them to death!

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »
I'd be willing to help some out with there HB lectronics, I'm no genus  but can adjust them to show decently as long as there is sufficient power to the unit & the ducer is installed somewhat properly.... Thing is though we would have to do some scanning to find something to scan since Iím not familiar with  the local lakes here....would be fun though....
Troll motor help? Well I use mine & as long as you position your pile marker properly stayn on a pile is easy long as the wind isn't 9 thousand miles aaahhh minute.....
we need to go in the ss minnow soon then
I am lost on the HB I got from Shut Up and Fish for sure  :BrickWall
and if it wouldn't rain every darn day I bet that could happen ...
KABOOM

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »
I'm still trying to learn my electronics but am up for footing a gas bill along with some beverages to get in an open seat with some good folks. All I need is for someone to tell me some days it can happen and what their drink of choice or lunch of choice is. Let's make it happen, don't need a guides license to make new fishin buddies.
 :fish

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »
we need to go in the ss minnow soon then
I am lost on the HB I got from Shut Up and Fish for sure  :BrickWall
and if it wouldn't rain every darn day I bet that could happen ...
It's gotta get better soon especially that ever blowing wind....

I'm still trying to learn my electronics but am up for footing a gas bill along with some beverages to get in an open seat with some good folks. All I need is for someone to tell me some days it can happen and what their drink of choice or lunch of choice is. Let's make it happen, don't need a guides license to make new fishin buddies.
 :fish
Wish I had one of my boats in FW to let you fill a spot....
If'n you ever get to Houston holler & your welcome..  I don't do alkeyhol on the water brother.... the charge would be the time spent chasing those ever elusive crappy.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 08:16:40 AM »
I don't drink beer or drink while fishing but my buddy sure does. If I'm ever headed that way I'll give you a shout.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »
I don't drink beer or drink while fishing but my buddy sure does. If I'm ever headed that way I'll give you a shout.
what kinds lectronics are you running?

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 02:06:31 PM »
Currently have a HB 561 on my two man. I also have a Lowrance  mark 4hdi that I need to pick up from my dads. I was able to pin point some brush yesterday in waxahachie. Was not certain that's what I was seeing until I got hung in it. Haha

Offline fshnpastor

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 12:56:32 PM »
That would be great for me. I could come up with the funds to take care of the expenses and am willing to drive to wherever in order to learn.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »
That would be great for me. I could come up with the funds to take care of the expenses and am willing to drive to wherever in order to learn.
I have a bud you might like .....he is a right good crappie fisherperson
he had this idea originally .....
let me chat with him .....we live up near ft worth
but we travel around here and there
he is in east texas crappie ketchn right now
but will return very soon if he aint already back
KABOOM

Offline fshnpastor

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 05:25:58 PM »
Thank you much. I can use all the help I can get.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 03:36:12 PM »
gots to take mister no limits out for a boat ride first though
and finish the added edition on the hacienda
but we should be nearing completion on both tasks pretty soon is my hopes  :Thumbsup
KABOOM

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
What I need is someone to teach me how to clean fish... :bolt

And I'm a very slow learner... :BrickWall
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2015, 10:31:31 AM »
My wife cleaned the fish for years. as we were fishing on weekends and I worked long hours during the week.  The only time I cleaned fish then was when I was on vacation.

When I was retired she said it was now my turn to clean the fish.  And she doesn't even clean them when we are on vacations.   :BrickWall

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 07:38:17 AM »
What I need is someone to teach me how to clean fish... :bolt

And I'm a very slow learner... :BrickWall
they have sum videos online for that sir  ...... :ROFLMAO
KABOOM