Author Topic: Post This Tread to Win May Contest, ending May 31st. An assortment of Pepop Jig  (Read 37893 times)

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
easy post inflation

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
I'm thinkin I should do a little RDE&Q for ole Pepop. Wouldn't want some duds goin out.... :Winner
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
Actually there is a dual purpose for doing it this way that has nothing to do with post inflation.  I don't care about the number of posts a member has.  That is why board privilege's are the same for all membership levels, with the exception of the first level.  The first level does require a captcha for the first few posts but that is just to help keep the spammers away.

One reason for a contest is that it gets members to check in on the board at least once a day.  Some boards that hold contests require one post to be in the A.M. and the other one to be in the P.M. as having one post after another really doesn't accomplish much.  I did not want to require one in the morning and one in the afternoon so I allowed both to be at the same time.  I should have just allowed one post per day since having two posts right after another doesn't do much.  But for me hindsight is always better than foresight.

The second reason is due to search engine ranking.  The number of visitors a site receives is one of the ranking factors for search engine rank.  That is why some blogs have a comment section on their posts and provide a reward of some type for those who leave a comment on their posts.

There is a third reason that is more personal to me.  I feel that those who are more active in the forum should have a better chance to win.  At first I though about having a random drawing made from all posts that were made during the month.  But I then realized that would result in a huge number of "me too" posts in every thread in the forum just to increase the chances of winning.

So I decided it was best to limit the winning posts to one thread and to restrict the number of posts per day that count toward winning to two posts per member per day.

I think these two prizes are nice enough to be worth the effort to make a post every day to increase the chance to win one set of jigs. 

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
My post for the day NeenerNeener
To whom much is given, much is required.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
I like it but you could do the am/pm thing, either ay I check in often throughout the day. I just don't have many current fishee stories to tell due to this whole work thing. :Rant

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
Jumping in here again today!

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
First post of the day. I want those Jigs! Woot!Woot!
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
Get Jiggly Witt it. That's postola #2
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
Bring me some jigs!!! post #2 :LOL

Offline Kickingback

• Crappie Keeper
I'm in to win!

Offline No limits

• Crappie Dink
Well the weather is supposed to be nice for the weekend fishing trips!
Work hard and learn everyday maybe one day I'll catch my limit!

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
Thanks for the further explanation. Oh and here's my second post, and its in the PM,  :bolt

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Be nice if'n ya juss don't come all up in here juss ta say "hey I wanna win" bring something to the table sides open palms..... Yes have fun but give us something interesting to read.....
All's I gotta say bout that!!!  :TskTsk
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline No limits

• Crappie Dink
Who alls going out this weekend? I know I'll be out shakin' tips and rippin' lips!!!!
Work hard and learn everyday maybe one day I'll catch my limit!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Sho lookin like the weather may participate, I'm running my boat foo sho.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
Here are pictures of the two jig packages.  May 1 goes to the first winner generated by the Random Number Generator, May 2 goes to the second winner generated by the Random Number Generator.

Any changes in jigs must be arranged by the winners between themselves.  Pepop will not make changes now that the packages have been selected.  He will mail the packages to the winners once they are announced here on June 1st.

Offline Radtexan

• Crappie Keeper
Only Death will end my Love affair with Texas....

ACAMS

They ALL look like fish gitters!

Offline Kickingback

• Crappie Keeper
I'm in.

Offline Kickingback

• Crappie Keeper
Count me in.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Who alls going out this weekend? I know I'll be out shakin' tips and rippin' lips!!!!

Gonna give um a try...

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
And do a little RDE&Q for Plateboater.

First up!!!!

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
In again! :Dance

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
Checking in again today. I know for sure that if I was to get lucky enough then I will be forced to take some time away to get those pretty boys wet.
As for this weekend, the wind looks like it may give fits to the little 2 man but don't think I won't give it a try. Last Friday I was out and went across the lake, it was already kind of windy but i didn't care. Once I marked a brush pile and started fishing, I caught a stinking drum and then the wind REALLY picked up as a storm was blowing in so in my ever so speedy craft I fight the wind to get back to the truck. That was as rough of water as I want to see in that little thing but let's just say it handled the wind and waves like a champ. When I got to the truck some guys were loading their bass boat and just looked at me like I was crazy, they were right I am. One of them walked over and asked if I wanted help putting the boat in the truck and just simply said you are a brave man going across the lake in that thing. I just giggled and said, ya I have heard that before but I had to find out if there were fish waiting and it let me know just what that little thing can handle. Needless to say, I will try to avoid winds like that again.

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
Looks like two great assortments of jigs! Unfortunately, I doubt that I'll get out fishing this weekend  :Sigh

Really need to get my kayak wet sometime soon.  :(