Author Topic: Sandwich Maker  (Read 561 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
Sandwich Maker
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
Here awhile back I wasn't paying attention and let my box of crappie jigs blow out of the boat.  I made mention of it on the other site just ranting about my own ignorance.  Lots of fine folks offered to send me some jigs but I had plenty in my shop to start a new tackle box.  One member in particular ,Sandwich Maker, sent me a bunch of jigs anyway and I haven't used anything else all spring.  These are the best jigs I've ever used.  So my thanks go to Tony and I hope to be able to repay your kindness one day.
Mike

Offline Radtexan

• Crappie Keeper
Re: Sandwich Maker
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »
Mike that is a common story about Tony. He's as good as it gets. Heck of a crappie fisherman,but even more generous with his tying skills 

I received one of those packs more than 10 years ago. Got a pm out of the blue over there offering some jigs, since we both lived in w. Tx and fished a few of the same lakes. I've told my story several times, and not going to bore y'all with all the details but he sure got me back into to tying and mentored me in my jig tying adventures.

Not sure if I owe him thanks or a dang you this far into it ;)

Only Death will end my Love affair with Texas....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:44:34 PM »
I hope to meet him one day.  He's first class for sure.  Maybe if we can get one of these crappie get-togethers rolling we can coax him down here.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 09:00:34 PM »
Sounds like good people.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »
I seen this gent somewhere before
always seemed like a nice guy to me
glad he came on board  :clap
sounds like a genuine real kinda nice person to me  :Thumbsup
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM